Google offers different opportunities for merchants to be found on Google. When using Google Product Listings, you can be served on enhanced listings and/or standard listings. See below to get a quick summary of the differences. While Enhanced listings offer better appearances on the Google network and will better help prepare you for Google Smart Shopping, it does have stricter data standards to be accepted.
- Enhanced listings:
- Require more product data attributes and higher data quality standards
- Product data attributes are submitted only in Merchant Center
- Appear across the Shopping tab, YouTube, Google Search, Google Images, Google Lens, etc.
- Standard listings:
- Require fewer product data attributes
- Product data attributes are submitted in either Merchant Center or via structured data markup
- Appear across Google Search, Google Images, Google Lens, etc.
Please note, that the only approval data that is displayed in the Google Merchant Center Account is for Enhanced listings. Both Enhanced and Standard listings are great opportunities and getting approved on Standard listings is great to start advertising. If you ever need help with either, make sure to reach out to our support team through your account dashboard!